What To Do When a Claim Occurs
When a loss occurs, it’s important to quickly secure your property and take steps to protect yourself and minimize further damage to your property.
When there is damage to your home or business premises:
- Report the claim to your carrier.
- Take pictures before any repairs are made.
- You have an obligation to perform temporary repairs, to prevent further damage.
- Obtain assistance from an emergency repair or restoration company, if necessary.
- When water damage occurs, mold starts to grow fairly quickly. If possible, try to dry everything out within 48 hours.
- Pump out your basement, if it is flooded.
- Separate damaged from undamaged goods.
- Advise your insurance company of any damage mitigation actions you take.
- If you need to temporarily relocate, keep receipts for all your expenses.
- Do not begin cosmetic or permanent repairs until a claims adjuster has documented the damage.
For auto accidents:
- Never admit fault.
- Report the claim to us and/or your carrier.
- Take pictures of all vehicles involved, and all damage to your vehicle.
- Call the local police department, and wait until officers arrive.
If you’re a current client of The Signature B&B Companies and you need assistance with a claim, please contact us by phone 24 hours/day at (516) 764-1100 or (914) 948-2628 or by email at email@example.com.