Insuring a Social Services or Not For Profit Organization is more complex than ever before
Social Services Agencies
Providing social services agencies with the proper protection is a challenge that requires a solid understanding of how they operate. In many cases, exposures exist away from your usual base of operations, and are varied in nature.
The field is highly diverse, and our clients include everything from agencies providing services to the developmentally disabled to those offering workshops, programs and residential facilities for the elderly, to facilities such as animal shelters. Many agencies maintain fleets of vehicles, and we help them establish driver safety programs, reducing their insurance costs while protecting their clients, employees and the public.
While Sarbanes-Oxley does not apply to nonprofits, many executive directors or presidents feel pressured by it into strengthening their ethics and governance practices. NFPOs require specialized consideration in their insurance programs, whether in the charitable, religious, artistic, home health care or social service arena.
Our knowledgeable, creative and experienced staff understand the issues of running a NFPO. These issues can relate to, among others, board matters, fund-raising, hiring practices and volunteer worker concerns.
Unique insurance coverages for Social Services & Non-Profits
Listed below are some of the common exposures that you may need to insure against:
- Professional Liability (Occurrence or Claims-Made Form)
- Sexual Abuse & Molestation issues
- Fund-Raising Event coverage
- Coverage for 15+ vehicles
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Employment Practices protection
- Vicarious Liability for sub-contracted physicians
- Gap coverage for leased/financed vehicles
- Volunteer coverage, including Travel Accident and Workers’ Compensation